This is a popular konkani breakfast recipe ,also known as pundi/undi/kadbu….A rice rawa mixture steam cooked and served with chutney or with chicken /fish curries..
• 1 cup Rice Rawa
•1/2 -3/4 cup fresh grated coconut(if used more enhances more taste nd dumplings becomes soft)
•1 tsp coconut oil /normal oil
▪ Wash and drain rice rawa and set aside for few minutes
▪ Heat a thick kadai add water 1by 3/4 cup water boil to this add salt as per taste,oil
▪lower the flame ,add rawa to it mix well..see that no lumps are not formed
▪cook this to a thick mixture (let all water evoporate and rawa must be cooked)
▪ Remove from heat cool this and form small balls from the rawa mixture as seen in picture with a small impression in center…
▪Now boil a idli steamer and steam cook this for about 20 minutes
▪Serve with chutney /curries or even pickle tastes delicious with this..
* coconut can be lightly crushed in mixer with its water and used for more taste..
* There is a practice of adding seasoning of oil mustard, urddal,methi seeds ,curryleaves, nd broken chillies before boiling water then rest process is same…
* This is traditional,but you can even add sauted vegetables like peas , finely chopped ginger, chopped greenchillies,finely chopped beans and carrots for making it more healthy and nutritious(I need to try this version yet)….