ALMOND POUND CAKE……NO EGG RECIPE which can be prepared in a jiffy…A good accompaniment to evening tea or coffee or even for kids tiffin box… soft , crunchy here and there because of nuts….A easy and quick recipe by Chef Ajay Chopra …
• 1 tin condensed milk
•1 cup butter (at room temperature ) + 1 tsp for greasing moulds
•1 tsp baking powder
•75 ml water
•2 cups all purpose Flour
•1 tsp vanilla essence
•100 gm chopped Almonds + few chopped for garnishing on top
• 8″/8″ cake tin
▪ Preheat oven at 180°c
▪ Grease 8″/8″ cake tin by brushing butter and dusting flour or use parchment paper at bottom of cake tin
▪ Mix condensed milk and butter to milk consistency ,whisk well
▪Add baking powder and water, mix well
▪ Add flour,essence, Almond chopped
▪Mix all by cut and fold method to a sticky dough,see that no lumps are formed
▪Now pour this in a greased cake tin
▪ sprinkle few chopped Almonds on top
▪ Tap once or twice for the air bubbles to comeout
▪Bake this for 25 -30 min in the preheated oven
▪Rest it 10 minutes on a wire rack and cool and demould this
▪After 30 minutes cut into slices and enjoy with tea or coffee..
* Different oven has different operation and requires different time so I recommend to bake according to the time needed in your oven when you bake other cakes or as per instructions…..
* Check once after 22- 25 minutes, when your cake is light brown and test by inserting a knife in the center,if it comes out clean then it’s ready or else bake further till done…
*always use correct measurements for perfect baking as per recipe..